Festival of Chariot |Jai Jagannath | Essay on Rath Yatra
10 Lines on Rath Yatra in English , Jai Jagannath Ratha Yatra is a Hindu festival associated with Lord Jagannath held at Puri in the state of Odisha, India. It is the oldest Ratha Yatra taking place in India and the World.
You can buy for your kids: Mini Puzzle Mat for Kids with Interlocking Mar (36 Pieces)
10 Lines on Rath Yatra in English | Festival of Chariot
- Rath Yatra is an important Hindu festival which is associated with lord Jagannath.
- As per Gregorian Calendar Rath Yatra is held in the month of June or July at Puri, Odisha.
- Jagannath Yatra is also celebrated with zeal and zest in Varanasi and Ahmedabad.
- It is held on the 2nd day of the “Ashaadh” month of the Hindu calendar.
- Rath Yatra is also called as “Chariot Festival” and it is a one day celebration.
- Rath Yatra festival is celebrated to commemorate lord Jagannath on and annual base.
- Rath Yatra belongs to three deities viz, Lord Jagannath, Lord Balbhadra and sisters Subhadra.
- All the three deities make their journey to their aunt’s temple for i.e. Gundicha Devi temple.
- Rath Yatra includes pulling of divine and attractive chariots of all the three deities.
- All the devotees of Lord Jagannath feel pious by drawing and pulling those divine chariots.
***JAI JAGANNATH ***