10 Lines on International Yoga Day 2021, 7th International Yoga Day 2021 Celebration at Red Fort, New Delhi. The International Day of Yoga is celebrated annually on 21 June 2015. Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in India. The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in his UN address on 27 September 2014 suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares a special significance in many parts of the world.
- The Word yoga is derived from the Sanskrit language.
- The first international yoga day was celebrated on 21st June, 2015 in New Delhi.
- International yoga day is celebrated to spread awareness about yoga and it’s benefits.
- Yoga is a mental, physical and spiritual practice that helps in spiritual practice that help in attaining a great mind, body and soul.
- Pranayam is a kind of yoga dealing with breathing exercises.
- Surya Namaskar is a complete yoga workout with benefits to every part of the body.
- Yoga is an ancient practice for a healthy mind and body.
- It is a form of exercise and meditation, which is very helpful for making our lives better.
- Yoga helps fights stress, improves the immune system, flexibility, health and overall personality.
- Modern yoga is a technique of cleaning mind and body and developing a spiritual connection between the two.