On the lookout for solutions to your youngster’s geography homework or just searching for materials to brush up your youngster’s Common Information on World Geography? Look no additional.
Listed here are 45 Common Information Questions on World Geography divided into Stage 1, 2 and three for teenagers aged 8 to 12 years.
Geography General Knowledge Level 1 – Easy
1. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
2. Which is the latitude that runs through the centre of the Earth?
3. What are the names of the 5 oceans of the world?
Answer: Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Arctic Ocean
4. Which country has the highest population?
5. Which is the longest river in the world?
Answer: The Nile, Africa
6. Which is the largest waterfall in the world?
Answer: Victoria Falls
7. Which is the largest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara Desert
8. What are the branches of a river called?
9. Which is the largest island in the world?
10. What heats the water in a hot spring?
11. Which is the coldest continent in the world?
12. Which is the world’s smallest country?
Answer: Vatican City
13. Where is the Colloseum located?
Answer: Rome, Italy
14. Where is the Tower Bridge located?
Answer: London, UK
15. Where is the Leaning Tower of Pisa located?
Answer: Pisa, Italy
Geography General Knowledge Level 2 – Medium
16. How many countries are present in Africa?
Answer: 54 countries
17. Which planet is closest to Planet Earth?
18. What erupts from a volcano?
Answer: Lava, steam, ash, pieces of rock, and gaseous sulfur compounds
19. What is the name of the strait that separates the north and south islands of New Zealand?
Answer: Cook strait
20. Which is the direction at which wind blows?
Answer: Leeward direction
21. The ‘Roof’ of the world is referred to which place?
Answer: Pamir knot
22. What is the currency in Cambodia?
23. What is dew point?
Answer: The temperature at which dew begins to evaporate
24. How do you measure the speed of wind?
25. Name the river that is not crossed by any bridges.
26. Which is the world’s largest port?
Answer: Port of Shanghai
27. Name the city that is located in two countries.
28. Where can you find the St. Basil’s Cathedral?
Answer: Moscow, Russia
29. Where is Loch Ness located?
Answer: Highland, Scotland
30. Where is Acropolis situated?
Answer: Athens, Greece
Geography General Knowledge Level 3 – Difficult
31. Which line separates Indian and China?
Answer: Mac-Mahon line
32. Name the current that increases temperatures in western Europe?
Answer: North Equatorial current
33. Which country produces maximum aluminium in the world?
34. In which direction does the geostationary satellite rotate?
Answer: West to east
35. Where can you find the Puna grassland ecoregion?
Answer: Andes mountains, South America
36. Where can you find the ‘Desert of Death’?
Answer: Dasht-e Margo, Afghanistan
37. What is the term used for lines used to join places with the same mean temperature?
38. What type of deserts are Gobi desert and Atacama desert?
Answer: Rainshadow deserts
39. Which region can be called the belt of Doldrums?
Answer: Equatorial region
40. What is the study of landforms called?
41. What type of rock is granite?
Answer: Intrusive igneous rock
42. On which day of the year is the Sun closest to the Earth?
Answer: January 4th
43. Where can you find Bran Castle?
Answer: Transylvania, Romania
44. Where is the Easter Island situated?
Answer: Polynesian Triangle, Chile
45. Where is Hagia Sophia located?
Answer: Istanbul, Turkey
What number of of those Common Information Questions on World Geography did your little one get proper? On the lookout for GK questions of a particular topic? Let me know within the feedback!